As a student pursuing a degree in hospitality management, there is no better way to gain practical experience and valuable industry insights than participating in an internship program. The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) offers such a program, whereby students can earn academic credit while working alongside industry professionals at some of the best hospitality organizations in the city.
As with any internship program, there are certain requirements and responsibilities that a student must fulfill to ensure a productive and successful experience. One such requirement is the UNLV Hospitality Internship Learning Agreement, which serves as a contract between the student, the university, and the internship provider.
The agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the internship, including the student`s responsibilities, expectations of the internship provider, and the academic requirements set forth by the university. By signing the agreement, the student and internship provider are acknowledging their commitment to providing a meaningful and educational experience.
Some of the key elements of the UNLV Hospitality Internship Learning Agreement include:
1. Work hours: The agreement outlines the number of hours the student is expected to work each week, as well as the start and end dates of the internship.
2. Supervision: The agreement specifies the name and contact information of the internship supervisor, who will provide guidance and support throughout the internship.
3. Learning objectives: The agreement outlines the goals and objectives for the student`s learning and development during the internship, which are aligned with the academic curriculum.
4. Academic credit: The agreement specifies the number of credits the student will earn for completing the internship, as well as the grading criteria and evaluation process.
5. Confidentiality: The agreement includes a confidentiality clause, which requires the student to keep all confidential information and trade secrets of the internship provider confidential.
6. Code of conduct: The agreement requires the student to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior, both on and off the job.
Overall, the UNLV Hospitality Internship Learning Agreement is a critical component of the internship program, ensuring that students receive the maximum benefits of real-world work experience while remaining in compliance with university policies and industry standards. By fulfilling their responsibilities and delivering on their learning objectives, students can build a strong foundation for a successful career in the hospitality industry.