THE 311 Prayer and Worship
An overview of the biblical teaching on prayer and worship leads to practical considerations for cultivating intimacy with Christ in every aspect of life, from personal, private prayer to corporate celebration. Students will discover the joys and benefits of a dynamic prayer life and gain a fresh appreciation for the many ways in which the Holy Spirit makes prayer and worship both meaningful and powerful. An examination of some of the common challenges of prayer, such as learning to hear God’s voice, the problem of unanswered prayer, and what to do when it seems God is not speaking, is followed by practical insight for becoming more effective and fervent prayer warriors.
- Student textbook included- Prayer and Worship (IST) by Cheryl Taylor and Russ Michaels
- Instructor- Rev. Rosemarie Brown
MIN 181 Relationships and Ethics in Ministry
A biblical approach to the relationships that are important to the minister, both personally and professionally. It looks at temperament theory and its relevance to human relations.
This course examines relationships and ethics in view of the minister’s personal growth, ministry challenges, people in the community, and other ministers.
- Student textbook included- Relationships and Ethics in Ministry (IST) by T. Ray Rachels
- Instructor- Rev. Bill Kanych
BIB 115 Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers
A thorough study of the content, purposes, principles, and applications of Acts. The course emphasizes the role of the Holy Spirit in the early church and today. Attention is given to the geographical, numerical, cultural, and theological growth of the church from Jerusalem to Rome. The journeys of Paul are examined as the background for his epistles.
- Student textbook included- Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers (IST) by George O. Wood
- Instructor- Rev. Judith Stefano
BIB 212 New Testament Survey
A survey course giving the student background for understanding, teaching, and applying the principles of the New Testament. Key facts from each book of the New Testament are highlighted in a manner that can be used in preaching and teaching.
- Student textbook included- New Testament Survey (IST) by Global University Staff and Faculty
- Instructor- Rev. Dolores Pennino